Patrick has always had a fascination with understanding how things work. Whether it is working on cars or becoming an expert in board game rules. This fascination led him to focus his studies on economics at Southwestern University where after graduation he worked in margin trading with a major investment brokerage firm. It was here Patrick first experienced when a person does not understand “how things work” they can be adversely affected. Patrick saw how a client’s decisions today will affect their results tomorrow. This led him to proactively navigate situations to give clients the best possible outcome. This problem solving combined with his desire to see “how things work” inspired his return to school and pursuit of a law degree from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law.
Bringing together his passion of breaking issues down to understand how they work and desire to help others understand complex issues. Patrick’s practice focuses on state and federal health care laws and regulations, and legislative developments in health care primarily for the aesthetic industry. Patrick also serves as the Legal Coordinator for the American Med Spa Association (“AmSpa”) providing educational and informational resources to its members to help them navigate their state’s regulatory landscape and assisting AmSpa in its legislative efforts.
When he is not in the office Patrick enjoys spending time outdoors with his family and loyal hound dog.
Credentials & Experience
Learn more about your compliance partner.
- Southwestern University, B.A., Presidential Scholarship Recipient (2003)
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., Dean’s Scholarship Recipient (2014)
- Texas State Bar
- Texas State Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- Interviewed by Elizabeth Stanton, “New York Tries to Regulate the Wild West of Laser Hair Removal,” Bloomberg, March 2021
- Guest, “PPP Update: Forgiveness Rules and Changes from the PPP Flexibility Act”, Medical Spa Insider Podcast with AmSpa
- Guest, “PPP Loan Forgiveness Application and Other Updates” Medical Spa Insider Podcast with AmSpa
- Guest, “Weekly PPP Update: Program Refunded, Loan Forgiveness Details, and Beginning to Re-Open”, Medical Spa Insider Podcast with AmSpa
- Guest, “PPP Progress and Other COVID-19 Updates”, Medical Spa Insider Podcast with AmSpa
- Guest, “Applying for Emergency Funding Under the Payment Protection Program (PPP)”, Medical Spa Insider Podcast with AmSpa
- Co-Speaker with Michael Byrd and Alex Thiersch, PPP Progress and Updates, American Med Spa Association webinar
- Speaker, Coronavirus – What it Means for Your Business, American Med Spa Association webinar
- Speaker, Practice Independence for Advanced Practitioners: Updates and Issues, American Med Spa Association webinar
- Panelist with Alex Thiersch, Michael Byrd, Brad Adatto and Jay Reyero, Legal Panel: The Houston Med Spa Arrests- What Happened and What Does it Mean for your Medical Spa?, American Med Spa Association- Medical Spa Show
- Co-Speaker with Sam Pondrom, Texas Med Spa Bill SB 2366: What It Means to You, American Med Spa Association webinar