We are excited to announce the release of our eBook, ‘Can Non-Doctors Own a Medical Practice in Texas? CPOM Field Guide’! When talking about health care in Texas (particularly elective, non-invasive procedures), an almost visceral reaction is triggered by the question: Can non-doctors own a medical practice in Texas? The law is not only confusing but emotion, opinion and rhetoric further cloud the issue. The vision for this eBook is get to the root of the problem to help answer this question. Taking it a step further, it examines the risk of non-doctors owning a medical practice.
This eBook will address the following questions:
- What Is the Corporate Practice of Medicine?
- Does the Corporate Practice of Medicine Exist in Texas?
- Is the Corporate Practice of Medicine Doctrine Actually Enforced in Texas?
- Are There Exceptions to the Corporate Practice of Medicine Doctrine in Texas?
- Can a Non-Physician Hire a Texas Medical Doctor via an Independent Contractor Agreement?