From mergers and acquisitions, medical and dental transitions to structuring complex ownership arrangements, James M. Stanford enjoys the personal reward that comes from bringing parties together and making deals happen. He understands the issues facing doctors, dentists and business professionals, and is uniquely adept at quickly responding to the needs of his clients and getting the job done — especially when complexity and pressing deadlines are involved.
Jim practices primarily in the areas of health care and corporate law with a focus on intellectual property. He regularly advises his clients on and negotiates matters involving health care, commercial, intellectual property, lending, real estate, and employment, as well as all phases of private offerings, startups, leasing, and loan transactions. His intellectual property and technology law experience includes licensing, trademark, ecommerce and online platforms, as well as advising clients on protecting their confidential information and other intellectual property assets.
A proud father, Jim served in the U.S. Army and is fluent in Russian. In his spare time, he enjoys hunting, fishing, and spending time outdoors. He also has a keen interest in science, financial markets, and international affairs.
Credentials & Experience
Learn more about your compliance partner.
- University of Denver, B.S.B.A. Finance (1995)
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., Articles Editor, SMU Law Review (2003)
- Texas State Bar
- Idaho State Bar
- Iowa State Bar
- Colorado State Bar
- Dallas Bar Association
- Guest, “Unicorn Life – Jump on the Silicon Valley Fundraising Merry-Go-Round” Legal 123s with ByrdAdatto podcast
- Co-Speaker with Robert Fisher, The 123s of Company and Operating Agreements, American Med Spa Association webinar
- Co-Speaker with Robert Fisher, The Company Agreement: Understanding the General Purpose, Structure and Issues Surrounding an LLC’s Operating or Company Agreement, ByrdAdatto University
- Speaker, The ABCs of Corporate Structure, American Med Spa Association webinar
- Co-Speaker with Michael Byrd, Business 101 – Key Business Principles and Strategies in Business Transactions, ByrdAdatto University